RSZ Forensic Associates is a New York City-based firm providing forensic, litigation, valuation, and consulting services. Our boutique practice was founded by a team of seasoned Partners with more than 50 years of combined experience. We provide a wide range of services, including litigation support and consulting, fraud risk management and analysis, expert witness testimony, and financial investigations. Within these service categories, our specialties include:
- Forensic Accounting
- Investigations for Asset Misappropriation, Financial Misrepresentation and other Fraud Schemes
- Healthcare and HIPAA Compliance
- Civil Damages and Insurance Claims
- Evaluation of Internal Controls
- Information Systems /Information Technology
- Data Analytics
- Computer-Aided Auditing
- Service Organizations Controls (SOC) under SSAE
- SOX 404A and 404B Testing
How We Are Different
Unlike traditional, multi-practice professional service firms, RSZ focuses solely on forensic accounting, litigation consulting, and related disciplines. We differentiate ourselves from other firms providing similar services in many ways:
- Dedication to forensic services: investigative accounting, economic analysis, business and asset valuation, and electronic data technology.
- A focus on a high-level of confidentiality, and responsiveness in delivering client service.
- We do not offer audit and tax services; therefore, we are better-situated to serve our clients without the seasonal workload compression problems of traditional accounting firms. As a result, we have significantly fewer conflicts of interest while avoiding seasonal demands on our professional staff.
Additional factors that set us apart from other firms include:
- Experience: Our successes with hundreds of investigations across a spectrum of industries.
- Commitment: Our more than 50 years of combined experience and recognized expertise.
- Integrated Comprehensive Approach: Our core focus on the forensic financial skills necessary for investigations, including accounting, economics, valuation, and technology.
Our Client Service Philosophy & Guiding Principles
In any engagement, a seasoned professional will tell you it is imperative that they are involved from the outset of the investigation. This will allow counsel to gain a full and thorough understanding of the facts surrounding the allegations and aid in the appropriate measurement of damages. As a result, the team is better prepared to anticipate inquiries and issues, and address any challenges. At RSZ, our extensive experience and uniquely specialized knowledge provides counsel with an additional resource in evaluating and developing discovery requests and interrogatories.
Objectivity and Fairness:
The financial professionals at RSZ understand that a company’s internal management and staff know its business better than anyone. As such, the experience and insights of these personnel may be utilized to gain a working knowledge and an appropriate basis for our analyses. This information, coupled with historical performance metrics, and augmented with independent outside research, provides objective criteria in the determination and/or evaluation of damages.
Our professionals adhere to the guiding principles and standards of practice in our profession, including the Association of International Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE). We perform thorough research to identify the most competent supporting records and develop an appropriate investigative approach to establish a defensible basis for conclusions. As rebuttal experts, our professionals contest unsupportable methods of damage calculations or call for unreasonable speculation. Our experienced and multi-disciplined forensic team has the knowledge and experience to assist and advise counsel when engagement priorities shift in today’s ever-changing litigation environment when the focus of the loss analysis must shift to a valuation theory to accurately quantify damages.
Clear and Effective Communications:
A critical element of any engagement is the ability to clarify and communicate complex theories, transactions, and methodologies to a lay audience. A damage analysis that is “brilliant” in its calculation, but lacks effective explanation and communication, is of limited value. Our professionals are proficient at presenting clear explanations of complex financial investigations and analyses.
In addition to being CPAs and forensic accountants, we are also educators. All RSZ Partners are experienced adjunct faculty and lecturers to the accounting, legal, and investigative professions, giving CPE and CLE presentations to local, state, national, and international audiences. This experience enhances our collective ability to provide clear and concise explanations, delivered in non-technical, easy-to-understand language, that assists counsel, their clients, and triers of fact in arriving at well-informed decisions.